by Coach Debbie
Moms are just freaking tired, right? Burned out, depleted, exhausted, and wiped out.
So Coach Emily and I came up with 10 Energy Builders so that you can hopefully stay awake all day long!
You can watch our VIDEO replay HERE!
10 ENERGY BUILDERS FOR MOMS (in no particular order, because that is too tiring a task, though #10 is my favorite):
1. Reduce stress. Sure, easier said than done, but if you can control any part of stress, get it managed now! Stress sabotages our energy level as it drains our mental battery.
2. Sit less. Our society loves being seated and sedentary. And, unless you own a toddler, you are likely needing to simply move more in order to perk up. Just by standing and changing your scenery, you will automatically feel more awake and alert.
3. Optimize nutrition. Sodas, energy drinks, sugary snacks -- they all leads to a crash that makes you want to nap on the regular. Instead, eat wholesome foods that God grows so you stay properly fueled.
4. Get your thyroid checked. Traditional doctors may not be as helpful as a functional doctor who practices integrative medicine. But you want all 4 panels run, aiming for optimal levels (not "normal" levels). Taking a pill is an easy to way to feel energized.
5. Change your sleep habits. If you own a newborn, skip this one. If you're sleeping through the night, get more sleep each night. Have a consistent schedule where you get to bed early enough so that you achieve 7-9 hours of shut-eye to enjoy the hormonal reset that ushers in more stamina for each day!
6. Do less. Moms are famous for being nonstop with neverending To Do lists. Say no more often so that you can self-preserve and prevent imploding. When we are always on the go, we are working against ourselves and causing depletion.
7. Limit caffeine. Coffee is amazing, but it cannot be our IV-drip all day long. That can lead to jitters, insomnia, and hormonal havoc. Instead, enjoy a few cups of java in the morning but stop 8 hours before bedtime.
8. Fresh air & bright light. God created the outdoors, so let's enjoy nature! Something refreshing happens when we can just get away from the demands of home and office and simply recharge with good old Vitamin D. If you have to be stuck indoors, make sure you have adequate lighting to prevent nodding off.
9. Prioritize healthy relationships. If there are toxic people in your life, it's time to set some boundaries. If there are amazing people in your life, it's time to get your calendar out and schedule time together. People can either fill or drain our energy tanks, so choose wisely.
10. BCAA's. Branched Chain Amino Acids block "tired" hormones and promote hormonal balance which fights fatigue. The natural energy boost contains no stimulants, fake flavors, fake colors, fake sweeteners, and they are good for you. Choose from fruit punch, raspberry lemonade, orange crush, and cherry lime!